Homework is a way of improving study habits and reinforcing skills. The amount and type or homework are planned according to the student’s grade level. Please check with your child’s teacher for individual homework policies.
Our homework goals and/or objectives include the following:
- To train pupils in good work habits.
- To enrich and extend school experiences.
- To afford opportunities for increasing self-direction.
- To help children budget time and stimulate effort.
- To bring pupils into contact with out-of-school learning resources.
- To practice skills learned in class.
Parents are urged to arrange a quiet, comfortable place, with ample space and sufficient light for the child’s work.
Approximate Homework Time Schedule:
Grades 3, 4, and 5………………60 minutes
All students work at different rates, and some children will take longer to complete the required work. If homework exceeds the times listed above on a consistent basis, please contact your child’s teacher. For any homework policy to be effective, the parents must cooperate with the teacher in seeing that the work is completed and returned to the teacher. Homework should be the child’s responsibility and not the parents; however, the parents may point out principles involved, help give instructions, make needed suggestions, and check to see if homework is complete.